We value highly the connections, partnerships and relationships we establish with other organizations and individuals. We continuously seek new ways to work with others to help people while building a more inclusive, durable and sustainable community and ecosystem for everyone.
As an organization we believe our role is to provide programs, training and experiential learning that build the confidence and abilities of people so that they can fulfill their potential.
Some of our work:
- Funded our own Local Food Skills program
- Provide thousands of dollars in bursaries for students in post-secondary culinary and food related programs
- Inspire and support numerous community partnerships and community development initiatives
- Farm ecologically
- Plant hundreds of trees, build bio-swales, recover and maintain our local park
- Support partnerships that provide rainwater education for kids in local schools
- Demonstrate leadership, advocate and participate in Local Food and Sustainable Food System initiatives
- Share insight, knowledge and lessons learned through Social Enterprise
- Provide subsidies for marginalized groups and individuals so they can access training
- Travel across S.W. Ontario providing training and certifications for rural and aboriginal communities
- Engage in innovative non-profit, public and private sector partnerships
- We provide a full menu of Employment Ontario services and programs for people